Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bethel Perks

sOOOooooo...as you know I'm a housekeeper. You may think yeah, yeah so what?! But little do you know being a housekeeper at Bethel is the bomb! I pretty much go at my own pace, can take as many well-needed breaks as I want, aaaaand the best thing of all is that I get goodies from my occupants! For example- While I was training, a couple I clean for left us a bag of dark chocolate covered espresso beans just cuz of what we do for them. Another occupant left on two separate occasions Trader Joes dark chocolate bars. A sister that works on the same floor as I do called me over one day because her occupants left her some homemade cookies and biscotti. When I trained at the Inn an occupant made my housekeeper some amish bread and left us some tea bags....And the other day as I was routinely doing my door check (which means each morning and afternoon I go through each of my assigned rooms to make sure all the lights and appliances are off, no broken pipes, etc.) I walked into one of my "boys'" rooms and to my suprise found a gift bag on their counter that said "YOU ROCK". There was a sticky note with a little explanation that reads this way "Dear Housekeeper, the guys and I wanted to show your our appreciation for all you hard work and kindness", inside the bag was the cutest card with another endearing note from all three boys and there was a nice big bag of LINDT CHOCOLATES!!!!!!!!!! All for me, just for me! It was soo special and so nice. (Don't be jealous Gail, I have thought about you each time I've eaten one, so basically it's like you've shared them with me :) wink)
Housekeeping is fun too because I get to wrap the sheets and towels I deliver to the occupants each week into cute little packages and animals! They gave me a paper with towel art so I've been practicing. It's fun, it makes boring old sheets and towels special and suprising! lol I can make a flower and a rose and an elephant and a box, a swan and a twisty thingy. I will have to show you!
Another cool thing about Bethel life is that you never stop moving! When we leave in the morning for morning worship we have to climb over 100 stairs to get to the dining room and from that point on all day I am climbing stairs and moving. I work out at lunch, walk home to shower, walk back to work and then work again and then depending on what night it is I walk back to the dining room to glean and then walk home (which is about a ten minute walk each way). There is no time or room for boredom here. Jehovah keeps his people in shape and happy...uhoh I just realized what time it is, I have to go to bed now.

Sleep tight friends, see you soon

jazz and jamin

4 comments:

  1. I was about to wonder...all those goodies your occupants leave for you...guess it's a good thing that you MOOVVEEE lots! Sounds awesome Jasmine...keep the posts comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I wanna learn how to make those animals:) Be sure to eat an extra chocolate for me- it's been so dreary here and we miss you bunches out in service with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazz,
    so wonderful to see you and your hubby doing so well. You are sorely missed out here, but we realize it for a great purpose. Thanks soo much for sharing your awesome experience with everyone.
    We had a wonderful time with your mom camping. Brought back good memories of our other camping trips with you guys.
    Much Love,
    Doug and Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, you never see that kindness cleaning for the world.

    ReplyDelete